We are affiliated with the Assemblies of God, therefore we believe in the 16 fundamentals of truth.
- The Bible is God’s message to us. So we seek… to understand and obey its truth(2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- There is one God who is three persons. So we yearn… to know Him in all of His complexity and beauty (Deuteronomy 6:4).
- Jesus is fully God and fully human. So we rejoice… that Christ can be a bridge between us and God (Matthew 1:23).
- People, throughout history, have sinned against God. So we are… deeply aware that we too are marked by willful disobedience(Genesis 1:26,27).
- God extends forgiveness to us through Christ. So we repent… and rejoice in our forgiveness (Luke 24:47)
- God offers freedom from sin’s grasp. So we live… lives that are pleasing to God (Romans 12:1-2, Hebrews 12:14)
- Followers of Jesus must be empowered by the Holy Spirit. So we expect… Supernatural power in our daily lives (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8).
- God can heal both the body and the heart. So we pray… with faith and hope (Isaiah 53:4-5).
- A mark of surrender to the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues. So we pray… that God would grant us this supernatural gift (Acts 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:4-10).
- We believe in the Church. So we live… in this community of faith, inviting others to join us (Hebrews 12:23).
- God gives leaders as gifts to His Church. So we serve… those whom the Lord entrusts to us (John 4:23-24, Ephesians 4:11-13).
- God commands his followers to celebrate communion and baptism. So we practice… these symbolic actions, reflecting on their significance (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:16).
- Jesus will return to claim His Church. So we live… in expectancy of His coming (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- Christ will one day be seen clearly as King on earth. So we live… as citizens of His Kingdom now (Revelations 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6).
- God is the ultimate Judge. So we live… knowing that our choices will echo through eternity (Matthew 25:46, Revelations 19:20).
- We will live with God forever. So we live… with hope regardless of our circumstances (Revelations 21,22).
For more details, see… 16 Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God (condensed)